That's a lot of kids!

That's a lot of kids!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Home sweet HOME!










So after nearly 2 months living in a hotel, we are now officially moved into our home! Hooray! I know that living in the hotel (and a hotel as nice as the Sheraton Universal) was a blessing and one that I am very grateful for but there is something about being in your own home, cooking your own food, having kids in their own school, etc. that can't compare.



Here are a few things I missed:


My own kitchen!




Yes, that's right. As much as I can gripe about being a made to order cook and maid, I have truly missed making (and even cleaning up) our family dinners. Not only do I feel healthier not eating take out or room service everyday all day, but I have discovered that making dinner can sometimes relax me and give me a little break from the boys. Not to mention, I get to bake again which is heaven to my sugar cravings and makes my guys happy. So, hooray for healthy dinners, yummy desserts and a beautiful kitchen that I can call my own!




Cable television!






That's right, I missed TV. Real TV. Not the few channels we had at the hotel (which included NO kids channels, something I have informed Randy he has to change about the hotel ;) ) but real television with DVR and choices. I missed it for myself but I mostly missed those few breaks I would get throughout the day when the kids could sit down and watch their favorite programs. Let's just say shower time became interesting when I couldn't occupy my 2 1/2 year old with Dora or Team Umizoomi. So, now we have our TV back, and I have learned that, as unfortunate as it may be, cable TV is a friend I don't want to be without.




Space!






I learned through this experience that space is sanity! It doesn't even have to be that much space. I missed having a place where I could seperate the boys when they were fighting or a place where I could hide myself in timeout for a few minutes when patience was hard to find. I missed being able to send the boys out back to get some fresh air and have an outlet for all that energy they have (read CARTER here). So thank you, home, for giving me the space I so dearly missed!





A place to bring my baby girl home to!!!





And last but not least, having a place to bring Kennedy home to when she finally makes her arrival. Even though I have never had a baby early, I just knew this was going to be the time, as it was the only time I didn't want it to happen. I kept having nightmares of bringing her back from the hospital and putting her in the not so comfortable, overused hotel version of a "crib" and guests slamming on my door when my crying baby wakes them up every couple hours in the middle of the night. So, needless to say, having a home to bring her home to has given me much peace of mind. Now we just have to wait...

7 comments:

  1. Tara, is that an exact replicate of your Victorville kitchen?! Wow... very similar and beautiful! I love the yards! So green, and a big tree! And the backyard has an awesome view; no more brick wall! I'm so happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! you got that place up and running fast. I couldn't spot a box anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!! I'm so glad you guys are all moved in and settled. Now it's just a countdown for Miss Kennedy to arrive!! So exciting. Love the house, so gorgeous and especially that PINK room! At last!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so nice and I love Kennedy's room!! Can't wait to see it in person! Hopefully July gets here quick. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly- They are very similar. Once I saw the kitchen and the yard with a view, I was sold! And, hey, can I get an invite to your blog? I need to catch up on everything with Micah and how it's all going.

    Karen- That's because the boxes are in the garage. ;) Actually my husband has been an unpacking rock star! We're trying to get the unpacking out of the way before the babe comes.

    And yes, I love the PINK room! I wasn't going to push Randy painting it but Lisa, you know your brother, and sometimes his OCD qualities can be a blessing! I'll put up some more pictures of her room when we get all the stuff put up on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Tara. The feelings of missing you in the ward are somewhat assuaged by the knowledge that you have a comfortable home with a view of something other than the desert. Bro. Player once complained of the desert being rather brown. Hopefully, green has become a more noticeable color in your surroundings. I went to exercise this A.M. and Amanda was leading. Yvonne was not there. We will have to get used to her being gone soon when they move to Monte Bello (I think it is) the summer. "Firm as the mountains. . .Carry on!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a beautiful home, on being settled and the upcoming arrival of your baby girl! You better blog about it - cause I can't check FB for 3&1/2 weeks still! :)

    ReplyDelete