That's a lot of kids!

That's a lot of kids!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Home sweet hotel!





When we first moved from Northern California to Southern California we figured we would get packed up, come stay in the hotel for maybe 2 weeks while we found a place to live and that would be it. I was not, however, prepared for the possibility of the house hunt taking so long and leaving us with the boys out of school and living in the hotel for a total of 7 weeks. Thankfully, we only have one more week of living in this limbo state. Next week we will be moving into our new home and I am beyond excited, especially considering I've been driving the boys back and forth from their new school several times a day and because, well, I'm about to pop and I don't like the idea of bringing the baby back to to hotel for her first home.



But we have had our fair share of good times since we've been here. We've tried to do some fun things with the boys and take advantage of our proximity to the LA attractions. So here are some of the things we've dragged the kiddos to:




1. Universal Studios- The boys loved this! Especially the animal show. My boys are nothing if not animal lovers. And Lincoln loved the Jurassic Park ride. He and Randy had to go on it a few times while preggo Mommy and the younger two unfortunately had to miss it.






2. Griffith Park Observatory- The boys weren't particularly happy about being dragged here but loved it once they were there. They loved learning about the stars and planets and Mom enjoyed the gorgeous views of LA and Hollywood!








3. Santa Monica 3rd street promenade and beach- The boys didn't like the window shopping at all (including Randy, let's hope my little Kennedy enjoys shopping with me) but we made it up to them by going to the beach afterwards.









4. The LA Natural Museum of History. This was such a great place for our boys. They loved just about every part of the museum, but especially the insect exhibit. If there are bugs, my boys are there.












5. The LA Arboretum- These botanical gardens were gorgeous. The kids (and me) were definitely pooped after walking around all day but I'm so glad we went and I can't wait to go again.










6. The LA Zoo- How can you go wrong with the zoo? The boys loved seeing all of the different animals. It was cute to see Jackson get so excited too. He really loved all of the monkeys. At one point he turned to one of them and said, "Hey buddy" followed by "you are so cute!". It was a fun and exhausting day.









7. And then there's just been the things we do while hanging out around the hotel, like making Spongebob out of Legos and Daddy tickle wars. Of course, we have the occassional injury as well, like Jackson falling off his bed in the middle of the night and bonking his head on the night stand. Poor guy. Hopefully we'll survive one last week of life in the hotel!









3 comments:

  1. Tara! What a darling blog. I love that I can picture you with your cute, cute family! I can't wait to about the baby.

    (Email me your email address and I'll invite you to our blog. sarasoelberg@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me want to come back to L.A....if only for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like lots of fun and you are so cute prego mama!

    ReplyDelete