That's a lot of kids!

That's a lot of kids!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feeling Nostalgic







As I sit here anxiously awaiting tomorrow, both it's difficulties and it's delights, I am a bundle of emotions. I am thrilled to welcome my little girl into this world and finally be able to meet her but I am also experiencing trepidation and nostalgia. Trepidation for all the unknowns that tomorrow will bring (from how painful it will be this time around to what she's going to look like) and nostalgia for the time I've had with only my 3 beautiful little men.



I find myself feeling incredibly lucky to be the mom of my 3 very unique, very mischievous boys. They have taught me so much and I have to say sometimes it's been a blast to be the "queen" of the house. They are such a blessing to me and I am always amazed at how completely different 3 boys, close in age, can be. You have Lincoln, the deep thinker, who analyzes and stresses about everything. He's organized, focused, bright, and creative. He worries about everyone in the family, especially me and is fiercely loyal. Then you have Carter, who is impulsive, free, never thinks through anything and gives me a run for my money. He can be a pill but is also my most loving. The first to give me a big kiss or cuddle for no reason at all. And last, but certainly not least, is my little Jackson (who at 2 is almost as big as Carter at 5). He is such a special little guy. So incredibly easy going and loving. He is beyond smart and bonds with both Lincoln's bright, creative tendencies, as well as Carter's boisterous, crazy side. I sometimes think he is the glue between Carter and Lincoln.





Maybe it's the hormones but as I welcome this new chapter in my life (bringing another precious soul into this house) and the close of another (just me and my boys) I get a little weepy for both the future and the past. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to welcome a little girl into this world. Someone I can take shopping and get pedicures. Someone I can take to the ballet and put in dance lessons. And I can't believe how blessed I've been to spend this precious time with just my boys.




4 comments:

  1. Aw, that was a super sweet post. Gave me chills! I'm sending lots of love and prayers your way! I cannot wait to see pictures (and then meet the precious gal)! Lots of love, Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel what you are saying. What a wonderful tribute to your boys and your time together thus far. Hang on to the memories and embrace the future your daughter will bring. You are the reigning Queen getting ready to bring the Presidential Princess into the world...one blessed woman~~Our prayer will be with you tomorrow~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you got to buy your first Easter dress... here's to many more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... I'm counting down- approximately 30 minutes until they start your induction! Can't wait to meet my newest niece!!! Love you and I'm trying not to be jealous about the cute girl stuff... focusing on still being the "queen of the house" here...

    ReplyDelete