That's a lot of kids!

That's a lot of kids!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kennedy Kay













Our little lady entered this world on March 31st. We checked into the hospital a little after 9a.m. to be induced. After getting hooked up to the I.V. and my epidural (thankfully it worked this time!) they broke my water and at 2:06 p.m. we welcomed our princess weighing in at 8 pounds 1 ounce, 20 1/2 inches long. (the first question I asked when she made her entrance was, "is it really a girl?").











She is healthy and gorgeous and I have already enjoyed dressing her up multiple times a day. I am surviving on very little sleep but am really trying to enjoy every moment as I know all too well how quickly this stage passes.





I have to say, there is somethimg special and different about having a girl. I've discovered a whole new level of worry (I am never letting her out of my sight) and a whole new side to myself (if anyone ever hurts her, I will happily take them down!). It is such a sweet blessing to have her in our family and the boys have all reacted well, especially Carter. He is constantly talking to her and commenting on how tiny she is. Jackson likes to know that she is around and stares at her and Lincoln just likes to know he is in charge.









And Daddy is just putty in her tiny hands. He has already promised her a pony (I think Mom is going to have to be the disciplinarian here). Welcome Kennedy Kay, we already adore you and can't wait to watch you grow!




11 comments:

  1. SUPER cute! Congrats on your newest addition Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is darling! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable!! So glad you got your GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog made me smile, thanks for sharing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Congrats on the little girl. They are a lot of fun and totally different than boys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this makes me want another girl. . . maybe. enjoy her lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes congrats, she is beautiful. Good luck getting through the next few weeks/months with the sleep deprivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How precious! Along with the pony, Randy better arm himself for when the boys come around in (hopefully)16 years. Ryan had plans for those boys before Paige was even born. Little girls really have their daddies wrapped around their fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is soooo cute!!! So glad we finally have a girl in the family. Maybe next go around we can add another to the mix. (not anytime soon!) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is beautiful and I am so happy that you finally got a girl! You don't have to worry about her because she has 3 big brothers to watch out for her!

    ReplyDelete